Solidus Labs supports the wave of innovation that digital assets have introduced and is committed to supporting the markets’ growth through enhanced market integrity. Governments play a key role in enabling smart growth - by allowing digital asset service providers to operate with legal certainty and regulatory legitimacy, while enabling consumers to participate in the markets more confidently knowing that protections are in place. In our assessment, countries that provide for the following are doing just that:
- Establishing a legal and business environment that permits and facilitates digital asset operations;
- Enacting a comprehensive regulatory framework;
- instituting market conduct and surveillance policies (such as prohibiting market manipulation) for digital asset market participants;
- Employing efficient registration and licensing requirements for market participants; and
- Establishing/enforcing AML/CFT compliance requirements for digital asset service providers.
Why you should trust us
The aim of this report is to rate countries’ efforts in adopting legal and regulatory frameworks consistent with the above. The report intends to cover countries that have introduced rules, regulations or restrictions for digital asset markets, though it does not provide an exhaustive list of all jurisdictions. Moreover, the report includes countries that have significant crypto market growth potential, either due to the size of the population or a good track record of innovation. The rationale for each country’s respective ranking is included in the country summaries section of the report.